Senior Software Engineer (Performance) - Old
Product and Tech • Flexible remote • UK - LONDON
We are looking for a talented Senior engineer to join our DevOps & Performance team on a permanent basis.
At YuLife we're transforming products once focused on death and illness into ones that inspire life and reward living — turning old-fashioned employee perks into life-enhancing benefits.
We are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way.
Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with YuLife.
Which hopefully is where you come in.
The journey so far:
What's happened over the last few years:
The 2022 mission is to reach 1 million lives!
You should be a highly driven and self-motivated individual who is organised and can communicate effectively with the rest of your team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Working with RESTful API's and JSON, both as a consumer and producer
- NodeJS and web services
- Understanding of React principles and flux / redux architecture
- Working with user stories in an agile / scrum environment
- Strong understanding of CI, and build systems and pipelines
- Version control (git)
- Typescript or Flow (if you've come from a .NET background this should feel right at home)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- ES6 / 2015
What you’ll get:
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers as well as access to Meditopia and Fiit)
- £20 per month to a "be your best Yu" budget
- Unlimited Monthly professional coaching with More Happi
- OnHand Volunteering app
- £25 monthly budget with Learnerbly
- Financial coaching with Octopus Money coach
- Generous parental leave policies
- Remote working packing; includes laptop, desk, chair etc.
- Contributory pension = 3% of basic
- 24 days Annual Leave + 1 ‘personal’ day (e.g your birthday, moving house anything else that is for Yu!)
- Remote and flexible working
- Currently our lovely office in Shoreditch is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it.
Here is our framework and principles around hybrid working at YuLife.
YuLife company culture:
We're more than just life insurance!
Share this page