Insurance Specialist (remote working)
Flexible remote • South Africa
Remote working Insurance Specialist role to support our UK business
At YuLife we're transforming products once focused on death and illness into ones that inspire life and reward living — turning old-fashioned employee perks into life-enhancing benefits.
We are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way.
Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with YuLife.
Which hopefully is where you come in.
The journey so far:
What's happened over the last few years:
The 2022 mission is to reach 1 million lives!
This is a remote working role to support our UK teams with the day-to-day management of the On Risk process for Group Risk insurance policies written through YuLife, ensuring all clients, intermediaries and internal customers are provided with a personable, first class customer service.
Our team is split into Launch who support YuLife Sales Teams, Intermediaries and Direct Clients pre-sale and Account Management for our existing customers. Due to rapid expansion we are seeking experts for both areas.
Day to day responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Own the ongoing management of the On Risk process for a portfolio of clients
- Reviewing application forms to ensure they meet the coverage required; prepopulating, issuing to client or Broker, reviewing completed forms upon receipt and submitting to the relevant Insurer
- Sending confirmation acceptance of risk,
- Requesting inception data,
- Working with the wider Customer Success team to ensure all relevant information is provided for the client’s pre-onboarding,
- Reviewing and sending out deposit invoices (if issued),
- Preparing inception accounts: review, manipulation and formatting of inception data,
- Our Account Management team own the management for the ongoing insurance administration and Group Risk support of a portfolio of clients
- Support YuLife Sales Teams, Customer Success Account Management team, Intermediaries, and Direct Clients for all ongoing insurance queries and administration related to your client
- Requesting anniversary data
- Working with the wider Customer Success team to ensure all relevant information is provided for the client’s account management
- Reviewing and sending out deposit invoices (if issued)
- Preparing anniversary accounts: review, manipulation and formatting of anniversary data
- Reviewing and issuing of invoices and breakdown of costs
- Reviewing and issuing of policy schedules
- Reviewing and issuing of medical underwriting requests
- Ensuring client/intermediary is kept informed of the progress of the journey,
- Participates in customer account management meetings (on and off-site) as appropriate
- Assisting clients/ intermediaries with ad-hoc insurance queries
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 1-2 years Group Risk administration experience, preferably obtained by working for an Insurer, with demonstrated technical ability in Group Life, Group Critical Illness and Group Income Protection products
- A high level of written and verbal communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Love working with Excel 😃
- Flex administration experience – desirable
- Aptitude for working with multiple technologies
- Demonstrate the desire to deliver the best possible customer experience, on a right first-time basis
- Ability to work under pressure, understanding the peaks of Group Risk business
- Demonstrate the ability to adopt change to improve process, efficiency and service
- Happy to work with customers from a variety of backgrounds and positions
- Ability to convey complex information to customers with various levels of understanding, whilst maintaining technical integrity
What you’ll get:
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- Life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers)
- £20 per month to a "be your best Yu" budget
- Unlimited Monthly professional coaching with More Happi
- Monthly budget with Learnerbly
- Remote working packing; includes laptop, desk, chair etc.
- 24 days Annual Leave + 1 ‘personal’ day (e.g your birthday, moving house anything else that is for Yu!)
- Remote and flexible working
Here is our framework and principles around hybrid working at YuLife.
YuLife company culture:
We're more than just life insurance!
Share this page