Support Engineer - Node.js
Product and Tech • Fully remote
We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our DevOps & Performance team. We are on a mission to empower our customers to become the best version of themselves.
At YuLife we're transforming products once focused on death and illness into ones that inspire life and reward living — turning old-fashioned employee perks into life-enhancing benefits.
We are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way.
Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with YuLife.
Which hopefully is where you come in.
The journey so far:
What's happened over the last few years:
The 2022 mission is to reach 1 million lives!
We are looking for a Support Engineer (node.js) to join our DevOps & Performance team. We are on a mission to empower our customers to become the best version of themselves. We do this by measuring health & wearable data, integrating with reward partners to offer our users first-class reward, and enabling our enterprise customers to integrate with us through open standards.
We are a data-driven company that subscribe to lean engineering principles and adhere to agile methodologies. You will be working closely with the other engineering team leads in the business to ensure that they are able to hit their objectives
You should be a highly driven and self-motivated individual who is organised and can communicate effectively with the rest of your team.
Over the next 12 months you’ll be instrumental in:
- Analysing and solving issues across our entire stack
- Contributing to our ongoing performance improvement programme
- Improving our CI/CD process performance
You’ll have specific responsibility for:
- Collecting service requirements from other team leads and planning out a build strategy
- Delivering against a road map of integration requirements with performant, clean and well tested code
- Monitoring, measuring & reporting service down time to the rest of the teams that consume them
Where you will sit in the org:
You will report into Dan Sutton, head of DevOps and Performance.
The must-haves - someone with experience of:
- Building performant NodeJS services
- Working with a type safe system such as Typescript
- Basic Docker experience
- Strong design principles, building APIs that can be easily consumed
- Building API wrappers that can easily be extended and used by other engineers
- Designing systems placed under high through-put and load
- Ability to isolate and resolve bottlenecks and poor performant code
- Strong Interest / Desire to move towards DevOps
What you’ll get:
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers as well as access to Calm and Fiit)
- £20 per month to a "be your best Yu" budget
- Unlimited Monthly professional coaching with More Happi
OnHand Volunteering app
- £25 monthly budget with Learnerbly
- Financial coaching with Octopus Money coach
- Generous parental leave policies
- Remote working packing; includes laptop, desk, chair etc.
- Contributory pension = 3% of basic
- 24 days Annual Leave + 1 ‘personal’ day (e.g your birthday, moving house anything else that is for Yu!)
- Remote and flexible working
- Currently our lovely office in Shoreditch is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it.
Here is our framework and principles around hybrid working at YuLife.
YuLife company culture:
We're more than just life insurance!
Share this page