Product and Tech • Flexible remote • Old Street
We are looking for a senior back-end engineer to join our integrations team and help with our mission to empower our customers to become the best version of themselves.
YuLife is creating a new kind of insurance company. Our mission is to inspire people to live longer, happier and healthier lives. We provide life insurance to companies and drive employee wellbeing through meaningful, engaging and rewarding experiences inspired by our favourite games, apps and products.
We live by a simple principle and we strive to translate this to our designs: always seek the win-win in everything we do. This means we should always be giving more than we take with every interaction. Sounds good?
The journey so far:
What's happened over the last few years
The 2022 mission is to reach 1 million lives!
We are looking for a senior back-end engineer to join our integrations team. We are on a mission to empower our customers to become the best version of themselves. We do this by measuring health & wearable data, integrating with reward partners to offer our users first-class reward, and enabling our enterprise customers to integrate with us through open standards.
We are a data-driven company that subscribe to lean engineering principles and adhere to agile methodologies. You will be working closely with the other engineering team leads in the business to ensure that they are able to hit their objectives
You should be a highly driven and self-motivated individual who is organised and can communicate effectively with the rest of your team.
Over the next 12 months you’ll be instrumental in:
- Analysing and solving issues across our entire stack
- Contributing to our ongoing performance improvement programme
- Improving our CI/CD process performance
You’ll have specific responsibility for:
- Collecting service requirements from other team leads and planning out a build strategy
- Delivering against a road map of integration requirements with performant, clean and well tested code
- Monitoring, measuring & reporting service down time to the rest of the teams that consume them
Where you will sit in the org:
You’ll report to Dan Sutton, Head of DevOps & Performance
The must-haves - someone with experience of:
- Building performant NodeJS services
- Working with a type safe system such as Typescript
- Basic Docker experience
- Strong design principles, building APIs that can be easily consumed
- Building API wrappers that can easily be extended and used by other engineers
- Designing systems placed under high through-put and load
- Ability to isolate and resolve bottlenecks and poor performant code
- Strong Interest / Desire to move towards DevOps
What you’ll get:
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers as well as access to Calm and Fiit)
- Monthly wellbeing budget to “Be your Best Yu”
- Contributions to working from home office equipment
- Contributory pension - 3% of basic
- 24 days of annual leave + 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Flexible and remote working arrangements (read more below)
- A shiny MacBook Pro or whatever you need to do your best work
- Cycle to work scheme
- HIIT and Yoga sessions
- Access to Learnerbly with a dedicated budget towards L&D through webinars, books, podcasts, journals and much more
- More Happi - 2 professional coaching sessions every month
Find out more about our Hybrid Working policy.
YuLife company culture:
We're more than just life insurance!
Share this page