Product and Tech • Flexible remote • Old Street
Join our growing design team and help us build digital experiences that genuinely enhance people’s lives. We’re shaking up an entire industry and that requires radical and free thinking individuals!
YuLife is creating a new kind of insurance company. Our mission is to inspire people to live longer, happier and healthier lives. We provide life insurance to companies and drive employee wellbeing through meaningful, engaging and rewarding experiences inspired by our favourite games, apps and products.
We live by a simple principle and we strive to translate this to our designs: always seek the win-win in everything we do. This means we should always be giving more than we take with every interaction. Sounds good?
The journey so far:
What's happened over the last few years:
The 2021 mission is to reach 1 million lives!
We’re looking for a UX Architect to join our growing design team and help us build digital experiences that genuinely enhance people’s lives. We’re trying to shake up an entire industry and that requires radical and free thinking individuals.
We want to work with enthusiastic, empathetic and hard-working people who are ready to go on this wild and rewarding journey with us. Somebody practical and proactive, who actively seeks feedback and wants to grow and give back.
As a UX Architect, you will be accountable for every feature you design - taking those designs from conception to implementation and beyond; being the voice of our users, and telling their stories along the way.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about the structure and flow of digital solutions, in particular; having a keen eye for detail when it comes to information architecture, understanding user roles/needs, and mapping out journey maps.
You’ll be working alongside Product Managers/Owners, Project Managers, Actuaries, Underwriters, Operations Managers, Sales, Developers and QA to bring to life a next level Insurance Platform that will transform the way we service our customers and members, from quote stage to policy administration and claims.
This role is for you if you:
- Are a keen problem solver; You enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem; balancing customer needs and business goals
- Represent the users in all that you do; You ensure the user is at the heart of your design process, using insight and research to inform you decisions whenever possible or relevant
- Thrive within close-knit squad environments; Working closely with product owners, UI designers, developers and QA’s to bring ideas to life, whilst also shaping how we work as a wider design team.
- Can see the bigger, agnostic picture; You’re comfortable creating tried and tested solutions that stand the test of time, not reinventing the wheel each time, helping contribute to a wider culture built upon our design system
- Champion UX excellence; Always pushing for cutting edge design frameworks and methodologies, helping drive and shape how we work as a design team
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years experience designing products in the commercial sphere, in particular with a focus on enterprise system design, professional products, or SaaS products
- A demonstrable portfolio of relevant work - big brands not essential
- The confidence and ability to tackle design challenges of a complex large scale system; consisting of large sensitive data sets, with multiple user types, authority, and permission levels.
- The ability to draw on a range of UX research methodologies (from workshops to focus groups) to help inform your decisions and solutions, as well as confidently communicate the what and why
- Comfortable working with quantified analytics and alongside data scientists to help define problems and inform solutions
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma (which we use), including clear communication and documentation of concepts; from flows to prototypes
- Proficiency using React Admin Libraries, or similar 3rd party resources, making use of existing components to expedite solutions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues located around the world
We’d love it if you also:
- Have an interest in video game UX design or just love gaming (in an insurance company? - you better believe it!)
- Ability in creating, communicating, and managing living personas and experience maps that truly represent how and how people interact with products
- Expert in planning, conducting, and analysing remote and face to face usability studies
What you’ll get:
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers as well as access to Calm and Fiit)
- Monthly wellbeing budget to “Be your Best Yu”
- Contributions to working from home office equipment
- Contributory pension - 3% of basic
- 24 days of annual leave + 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Flexible and remote working arrangements (read more below)
- A shiny MacBook Pro or whatever you need to do your best work
- Cycle to work scheme
- HIIT and Yoga sessions
- Access to Learnerbly with a dedicated budget towards L&D through webinars, books, podcasts, journals and much more
- More Happi - 2 professional coaching sessions every month
Find out more about our Hybrid Working policy.
YuLife company culture:
Share this page