Commercial Legal Counsel
Operations • Flexible remote • Old Street
A unique opportunity to have a profound impact on the company’s trajectory and ultimately be part of its growth and strategy.
YuLife is creating a new kind of insurance company. Our mission is to inspire people to live longer, happier and healthier lives. We provide life insurance to companies and drive employee wellbeing through meaningful, engaging and rewarding experiences inspired by our favourite games, apps and products.
We live by a simple principle and we strive to translate this to our designs: always seek the win-win in everything we do. This means we should always be giving more than we take with every interaction. Sounds good?
The journey so far:
What's happened over the last few years:
The 2021 mission is to reach 1 million lives!
This is a unique opportunity to have a profound impact on the company’s trajectory and ultimately be part of its growth and strategy. You’ll need to take a flexible, practical business approach to keep things moving forward and base your guidance on the organisation’s individual risk tolerance. Instead of saying “no” to risky propositions, you have to be a problem-solver who finds creative ways to say “yes.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts including terms and conditions, marketing, intellectual property, and consumer law
- Assisting with data protection, company secretarial and governance project work
- Assisting with M&A, private equity, and venture capital projects
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and keeping the general counsel informed on relevant legal matters
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified as a lawyer in England and Wales - can even be recently qualified
- Trained and qualified within a well-regarded private practice or in-house legal team
- Have experience with general commercial
- Experienced within the technology space - insurance exposure is a plus but not necessary
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Able to thrive within a fast-paced and collaborative commercial environment
- Comfortable with commercial contracts
- Entrepreneurial and self starting
What you’ll get:
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers as well as access to Calm and Fiit)
- Monthly wellbeing budget to “Be your Best Yu”
- Contributions to working from home office equipment
- Contributory pension - 3% of basic
- 24 days of annual leave + 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Flexible and remote working arrangements (read more below)
- A shiny MacBook Pro or whatever you need to do your best work
- Cycle to work scheme
- HIIT and Yoga sessions
- Access to Learnerbly with a dedicated budget towards L&D through webinars, books, podcasts, journals and much more
- More Happi - 2 professional coaching sessions every month
Find out more about our Hybrid Working policy.
YuLife company culture:
Share this page