IT Support Engineer
Product and Tech • Flexible remote • Old Street
Reporting to the IT Director, the IT Support Engineer in London will be a member of the team responsible for configuring and troubleshooting end-user computers and corporate IT services
YuLife is creating a new kind of insurance company. Our mission is to inspire people to live longer, happier and healthier lives. We provide life insurance to companies and drive employee wellbeing through meaningful, engaging and rewarding experiences inspired by our favourite games, apps and products.
We live by a simple principle and we strive to translate this to our designs: always seek the win-win in everything we do. This means we should always be giving more than we take with every interaction. Sounds good?
The journey so far:
What's happened over the last few years:
The 2021 mission is to reach 1 million lives!
Reporting to the IT Director, the IT Support Engineer in London will be a member of the team responsible for configuring and troubleshooting end-user computers and corporate IT services - London based role.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide software and hardware support to our employees both in-office and remotely
- IT onboarding of new hires (account creation, laptop configuration, in-person onboarding).
- Configure and maintain all office hardware including wifi, printers and meeting room equipment
- Provide technical support for all large-scale meetings and webinars.
- Apply upgrades, security updates and patches to all hardware and software
- Ensure that all software and hardware is appropriately licensed
- Manage SLAs for 3rd party vendors and suppliers
- Manage the help desk ticketing queue, resolving requests in a timely manner.
- Experience in customer/client facing role and great interpersonal skills
- Deploy new software to our employees using tools like JAMF and InTune.
- Debug and investigate common issues with Microsoft Office products
- Monitor and fix issues detected by anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Monitor and action alerts detected by spam and email deliverability solutions
- Help complete due diligence and security questionnaires
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong troubleshooting skills with both Windows and macOS.
- Ability to work customer facing
- Strong multitasking and prioritisation ability.
- Experience of G-Suite / Google Workspace administration
- Has a can-do attitude, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with team focus
- Strong planning and implementation skills
Nice to haves
- Experience using Terminal and Powershell, and scripting languages.
- Experience with MDMs, like JAMF and InTune
- Experience with Identity Management platforms, like OKTA.
- Knowledge of IT Security best practices.
- Experience with mobile devices e.g. tablets and smartphones running iOS and Android OS
- Enterprise support of Microsoft Office 365, desktop and Admin
- Knowledge of Service Management processes e.g. ITIL
- Proven incident and problem management background.
- Very good understanding of all computer hardware (laptops/desktops/servers).
- Very good understanding of Windows Operating systems (desktop and server) and MS Office Application Suite.
- Experience with large systems implementations, such as OS upgrades and new hardware/software rollouts
What you’ll get:
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers as well as access to Calm and Fiit)
- Monthly wellbeing budget to “Be your Best Yu”
- Contributions to working from home office equipment
- Contributory pension - 3% of basic
- 24 days of annual leave + 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Flexible and remote working arrangements (read more below)
- A shiny MacBook Pro or whatever you need to do your best work
- Cycle to work scheme
- HIIT and Yoga sessions
- Access to Learnerbly with a dedicated budget towards L&D through webinars, books, podcasts, journals and much more
- More Happi - 2 professional coaching sessions every month
Find out more about our Hybrid Working policy.
YuLife company culture:
Share this page