Senior UI Designer
Product and Tech • Flexible remote • Old Street
We’re looking for a UI designer to join our growing design team and help us build digital experiences that genuinely enhance people’s lives. We’re trying to shake up an entire heckin’ industry.
We’re looking for a Senior UI Designer to join our growing design team and help us build digital experiences that genuinely enhance people’s lives. We’re trying to shake up an entire heckin’ industry and that requires radically creative and free thinking individuals.
We want to work with enthusiastic, passionate and hard-working people who are ready to go on this wild and rewarding journey with us.
Our ideal candidate is self-reliant and flexible - somebody who wants to do their best work and make an impact in an exciting high-growth company and help to foster a culture of design thinking. Somebody practical and proactive, who takes pride in their work and actively seeks feedback.
You will have the ability to:
- Deliver visually engaging and best-in-class user interfaces to spec, across multiple projects spanning mobile and web
- Work closely with product owners, UX designers and researchers, developers and QA in order to create beautiful and usable end-to-end experiences
- Understand customer needs and business goals in order to solve problems through visual design and UI, from lo-fi sketching to high fidelity prototyping
- Create and manage design systems built for scale, consistency and maximum collaboration
- Champion UI excellence and stay at the forefront of emerging design frameworks and methodologies as part of a multi-disciplinary team
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years experience designing products in the commercial sphere, with a big focus on mobile app UI design
- A demonstrable portfolio of relevant work - big brands not essential
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma (which we use) or Sketch and a strong knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience designing, testing and maintaining complex components within design systems built for scale
- Motion and interaction design experience, proficient with prototyping tools such as Principle, Flinto, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues located around the world
We’d love it if you also:
- Have an interest in video game UX/UI design or just love gaming (in an insurance company? - you better believe it!)
- Are an expert at motion design or advanced prototyping with tools such as Framer or AfterEffects
- Have a strong grasp of the pen tool in order to create your own assets, from iconography to illustrations
What you’ll get:
We like to give more than we take so here are some of our benefits:
- A competitive base salary
- Potential to earn share options
- 6x salary life assurance policy
- Income protection policy
- Access to the YuLife app (which includes a tonne of well-being rewards, discounts and exclusive offers)
- Monthly wellbeing budget to “Be your Best Yu”
- Contributions to working from home office equipment
- Contributory pension - 3% of basic
- 24 days of annual leave + 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- A shiny MacBook Pro or whatever you need to do your best work
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly professional coaching
- HIIT and Yoga sessions
Share this page